Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oh technology...

I think just about everyone knows what it is like when your whole family is all doing something with electronic devices. In my family, it is my mom watching TV, my dad on his Ipad, my sister on the laptop, and me on my computer. I remember the good ol' days when we would have family game night. This would either be on Saturdays or Fridays, depending what we were doing, and it was just tons of fun. Now instead of sitting on the floor laughing over silly games, we sit on the couch watching Netflix together. Do I think this is a bad thing? No. We still do play board games everyone once and awhile, and we go on walks and bike rides together, but most of the time we are on our electronic items. It is perfectly fine to spend time on your own separate gadget, but the key is knowing boundaries. If the family only does this, and never really talks, then that's not right. I remember once when my family went out to eat, and I noticed this family at another table...all on their phones texting. Were they texting each other? I sure hope not. That is just sad. That is when technology gets in the way of family and you are over using it. If you can't put your phone, or you laptop down for a nice family dinner, then that is when you need to SEEK HELP!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment