Sunday, February 6, 2011

Before I Fall (pg. 184 - 265)

I loved loved loved it!!! You know how I kept saying that before the book wasn't really holding my attention...well, that is not true about this chapter. First of all, I want to say I think I figured something out about the story. You know how she is dead, and keeps reliving that last day (well of course you do), I think that the book displays the steps in grieving, or accepting death. The first couple days back she was in total denial. Then in this last chapter I read, she was angry. Very angry. I guess I won't know if my little theory is correct, until I read more and see if she try's barging and then is depressed, but I thought I would share my theory.

Anyway, Sam wakes up very angry. She is made because of the events that just happened before she died again. She is angry that Lindsey was friends with Juliet, and now hates her and makes her life miserable. She is angry that Juliet killed herself. But most of all, she is angry that this is happening to her. She is finally not in denial anymore, and knows that she is dead, and nothing she does will change that. She gets in a huge fight with Lindsey, and said some pretty mean things to Elody. So she ends up having to avoid them the rest of the day. One big shock is she throws away all her roses in class when she gets them. This is a shock, because in the first chapter, Sam was the one that said "not getting any roses on cupid day is a fate worst then death." She also seduces her teachers, and he kisses her. Another weird thing she does, is spend lunch in the bathroom bonding with some girl that in her eyes, is a nobody.

Review: I am really starting to enjoy this book. You can really see inside Sam, and you learn, that she is not that bad after all. She knows what she does is wrong, and she often feels bad about it. We are also starting to see her change...into someone better. The Sam we first see in chapter one, would never ever go into the old gross bathroom, and then chat with the unpopular girl, the one Lindsey likes to make fun of. It's just cool to read all this happen.

Word Count: 265/470

No comments:

Post a Comment