Monday, January 10, 2011

Before I Fall (pg. 1 - 53)

I am not very far into this book, but so far, it has kept my attention, which is always a good sign. The first 53 pages in this book tell us, the reader, the way Samantha Kingston acts, who she is friends with, and her social status at her high school. To Samantha, fitting in is the most important thing. We find this out almost right away because we learn that she doesn't mind putting other people down if it means she will look better then them. She also does what her friends say, and dates a guy she is not that much into. However, she convinces herself that they are in love, but us as a reader can see what she doesn't want to.

In her high school, being popular means sitting at the best lunch table, getting the most roses on "Cupid Day," and you get away with anything because, well, their popular. The book goes on to talk about the advantages of being popular, like stealing other people's parking spaces, and burping in the lunch room without anyone batting an eye at you. The bottom line is, at this high school, being popular is pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Review: First of all, I want to say that it is hard for me to say anything bad about a book, unless it is boring or is one I was forced to read in school. With that said, I want to say that I really enjoyed reading the first few pages of this book. It's interesting to see the mind of the popular, not always so nice, girl. Because let's face it, a lot of the times, it's a sweet, normal, down-to-earth girl you read about. So I really like that it's not like that in this book. I am excited to keep reading to find out what happens next.

Word Count: 53/470

No comments:

Post a Comment